Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sandflea Insider Info

Hey guys,
So last Friday I went to the opening reception of the Yo Gabba Gabba Art Gallery at Meltdown Comics(which I recommend checking out if you can). While I was there I struck up a couple of conversations with Parker and Tyler Jacobs, one of them being about the Sandfleas.
Following is some of the fun little factoids about the Sandfleas that Parker told me about.

-The eyes were made out of the same eye used for the Floating eye of death cover. The eyes were stress balls(that I believe he sculpted/designed). They would cut off little bit of the ball, making it flat on one end. They would attach them to the mask using heavy-duty Velcro. (During battles the Sandfleas would take off their eyes and throw them at people.)

-Even though you could sometimes see the veins(like in the pictures from earlier), they were always painted white. The only reason you could still see them was because the veins were raised. The eyes were supposed to be "CookieMonster Eyes", white with black pupils.

-The mouths were attached my giant Velcro with the mouth stuck on it

-Based on what he was saying, with the Velcro and stuff, I'm assuming the masks were like wool ski mask type things.

-There were tiny eye holes in the masks so they could see.

-For the sweater he said to just get a Freddy Krueger sweater, or a striped tee-shirt.

-"And you can't forget the iron-cross necklace."

-The reason the Sandfleas stopped performing was a simple reason: They ran out of eyes, people kept taking them. This tempts me to attempt to cast some eyes and try to talk them into performing again... =]


I just want to thank Parker and Tyler for being nice and telling me info and stuff. =]
For more of a frequent update on what I'm doing, Check out my forum thread.

-Awesome Lad

No comments:

Post a Comment